The Eora global supply chain database consists of a multi-region input-output table (MRIO) model that provides a time series of high-resolution IO
tables with matching environmental and social satellite accounts for 190 countries. The Eora MRIO features:
- > 5 billion supply chains
- a balanced global MRIO table
- 190 individual countries represented by a total of 15,909 sectors
- annual coverage for the period 1990-2015
- 35 types of environmental indicators covering air pollution, energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, water use, land occupation, N and P emissions, primary inputs to agriculture (including 172 crops) from FAOSTAT, Human Appropriation of Net Primary Productivity Full list
- a high-resolution version (full Eora) with mixed classification systems, or simplified verison (Eora26) with 26-sector harmonized classification
- raw data drawn from the UN's System of National Accounts and COMTRADE databases, Eurostat, IDE/JETRO, and numerous national agencies
- distinction between basic prices and purchasers' prices through 5 mark-ups, and
- reliability statistics for all results
The Eora database is under continuing development. Data licenses and Eora-related services are available from KGM & Associates. Please contact us with your
requests, comments, and questions: email@example.com
Eora is free for academic use at degree-granting academic institutions. All other users must license the data. For information on licensing please see the licensing page
Eora is available in several formats:
- Individual country IO tables
The individual country tables are available for download. These contain the domestic IO or SUT tables, for each country, primary input and final demand blocks, imports and exports itemized by partner, and environmental satellite accounts. Note that these tables have mixed structures so for analysis requiring comparisons across countries we recommend using the simplified Eora26 model.
This is a complete global MRIO table, plus environmental satellite account, in a harmonized 26-sector classification.
- Full Eora
This is the complete Eora MRIO table. Contains 5 margins (basic prices, trade margin, transport margin, taxes, and subsidies), mixed classification CIOT/IIOT/SUT tables, and full rectangular trade blocks. Only available to academic users with email registration; other users will need to purchase a license.
Additionally, some applications and analyses built uing Eora (including the carbon footprint of nations and the UNCTAD Global Value Chain database) are available under the Applications menu.
Who uses Eora?
Eora has been used at Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst & Young, McKinsey Global Institute, the European Commission, the IMF, the World Bank, and the UN. The database has been downloaded at over 800 universities. The main papers have received >800 citations, and studies using Eora have appeared in Nature, Nature Climate Change, and PNAS, and Eora-based reserach has featured in the New York Times, Scientific American, TIME, and National Geographic.
In addition to a number of academic papers (highlighed at the Documentation page and individual pages at this site), selected reports using Eora include the following: